Mostly Thoughtless

Tam Brahm, thank you ma'am

Saturday, December 29, 2007

News.. Blah.. Blah..

Season's Greetings, everybody!!

When I first found out I was coming to London, my mind was filled with grand ideas of watching every Arsenal match played during the period I spent here, travelling to the away games and perform acts of football hooliganism, and in whatever time I had left, follow the route Bill Bryson took around the United Kingdom and then wrote about in ‘Notes from a Small Island’. Now, after spending nearly four months here, I have been to exactly three Arsenal home games (Sevilla, Newcastle and Steaua Bucharest), no away ones, and I now realize that Bryson’s trip was possible only because his job did not require him to work on excel sheets throughout the week and so, end up feeling so liberated on Friday evenings that he would go out on a longish pub crawl, and thus end up spending the whole of Saturday morning passed out and feeling like crap for the rest of the weekend, scuppering all previously made travel plans.

I also know I’ve not been blogging very often, very kindly pointed out to me by a couple of friends, and that is only because most fun sites, including this one, are blocked at work and my only other way to access the internet is through a browsing centre near my apartment, which costs me £1 for half an hour. It doesn’t sound like much at all, until I step out of the place, do the inevitable mental math and realize I’ve just paid Rs.80 to hurriedly check my mail, pick my fantasy football teams, and scrap/wall/poke friends on Facebook and Orkut. It’s not a nice feeling.

But all that is going to change next week, when I finally get my hands on this. After that, I soon hope to be blogging regularly and maybe even move to my own domain.

Meanwhile, I wanted to really really go for an Arsenal v Tottenham game while I was still here (the club's equivalent of India v Pakistan, for the uninitiated) and both the premier league fixtures were sold out well in advance. And then, God intervened in the form of the Carling Cup. The draw for the semi-final took place a couple of weeks back and Arsenal face Tottenham in one of the semi-finals. So, come January 9th, I will be in my seat near the halfway line to watch the Arsenal kids knock the stuffing out of the spuds.

Hope to be back with a proper post soon. Till then, bubbye!!

16 Comments:

Blogger Rejoy said...

Welcome back dude.. Was waiting for your post.. Hope u'll get ur device ASAP and we get the blogs undisrupted..

And wish u a prosperous new year....

9:32 PM  
Blogger Yogesh K Sharma said...

We are waiting for the Special 2007 Flashback post :-D

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Matti said...

Mensa....nandri for blogging again....heard ur team for Odyssey....win pannu da indha vaati....QED winning has become monotonous

12:38 PM  
Blogger Confounded-Lady said...

Your back. Yayy.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Jam said...

Hmmm, surprisingly thoughtful post from a Mostly Thoughtless guy.

Anyways welcome back Vindy, looking forward to some passion filled Gunners' posts.

Cheers.....Jam

10:05 AM  
Blogger Manasi Subramaniam said...

You forgot to mention the fun weekends with me during which I woke up early, went sight-seeing and visited historic sites in London while you woke up late and headed to East Ham for dosa.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Karthik B.S. said...

no 2007 diary of event post? :(

4:06 PM  
Anonymous John said...

Hi Vino! Thank you for drop here even in your busy schedule. Hope you got your apple device by now. Eager to see you often here...
Breakdown Recovery

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Ratnakar said...

poor u... first north london derby and gunners are thrashed !!!!

8:29 PM  
Blogger malayaleebiz said...

i am very happy ,am a new blogger, thankyou verymuch.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Eternal Optimista said...

It's been around two months. Haven't you got [b]that[/b] yet? :D
Please resume the stuff man.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Chandani said...

viod where are you??? its been almost 3 months?!?!?!?v have u got your own domain yet?

2:33 AM  
Anonymous Schufafrei said...

Its a long time no new post :( hope you will back soon

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Vinod Pictures said...

Hallo vinod

How are you

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its a Request to the blog owner plz don't remove this comment and read it.nodahej.com site is for millions of educated,talented,beautiful and nice well cultured girls and guys who don't want to take and give dowry to get married.so we are trying to match these peoples.its a great genuine efforts for clean society.its a non profit making site.
http://nodahej.com

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CHECK THIS UNIQUE SITE
www.nodahej.com Matrimonial Site is the worlds only Matrimonial Site for peoples who don't want to take and give dowries for their marriages.its total free site.Add your Free Matrimonial Profile Now.
http://nodahej.com

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home