Mostly Thoughtless

Tam Brahm, thank you ma'am

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Ooh to, Ooh to be, Ooh to be a Gunner!!

I've been in London for about three weeks now on work and right from the moment I landed, there was only one thing on my mind, going to watch an Arsenal game at the Emirates stadium.

Finally, thanks to an old school friend and fellow gooner, I found myself with one ticket for the Champions League game between Arsenal and the two-time defending UEFA Cup Champions Sevilla on the 19th of September, 2007.

Yup, that was last evening, and I was right there at the ground, to watch Arsenal win, 3-0!!!

It was a brilliant, brilliant, brilliant experience and the fulfilment of an approximately 10-year old dream!!! I joined 60,000 other fans in singing all the songs and chants of which I particularly enjoyed the one that came after we'd gone up 2-0 - "Are you Tottenham? Are you Tottenham? Are you Tottenham in disguise??"

Will try and upload photos soon...

15 Comments:

Blogger Darkstar said...

Great! Even I feel some justice has been done finally :-). Upload the pics ASAP and send the link. Now you got one more pilgrimage to complete my friend - go to Abbey Road and get that quintessential pic while crossing the road. Go boy, go!


~Paulie

12:44 PM  
Blogger Tys on Ice said...

welcome back buddy...was wondering where u disappered to?

2:58 PM  
Blogger Rohit said...

You lucky lucky lucky guy. I am so jealous right now. I think I will also have to take the drasic step of getting a job soon and go to London on assignment. The day I get to see a match at the Grove is the day I can die happy.

1:10 AM  
Blogger Balakrishnan said...

awesome man.. must've been surreal :)

12:26 PM  
Blogger Abhishek said...

And what a brilliant time to be a gunner too. They're in brilliant nick, and playing sexy football. and I'm a Man U fan ;-)

8:46 PM  
Blogger Uptown Girl said...

That was one hell of a game!!! :). Lucky you...

12:44 PM  
Blogger DesiSpin said...

Check out http://www.desispin.com

Hilarious site...

12:54 PM  
Blogger swaminathan said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:33 PM  
Blogger swaminathan said...

hiiiii,
i am new to blogging and i post lot of free gre materials in my blog. i am looking for help from experienced and established bloggers like you to extend my reach by providing a link to my webpage in your blog so that it will be easier for people to find me on the internet. i am eagerly awaiting your reply. please checkout my blog and leave a comment. hoping to get some encouraging reply from you. please help me. http://sparklingswami.blogspot.com

10:34 PM  
Blogger Jeevy said...

oh cool bro!
im glad u had fun

peace & love
Jeevy

11:20 PM  
Blogger Aditya said...

I really liked ur post, thanks for sharing. Keep writing. I discovered a good site for bloggers check out this www.blogadda.com, you can submit your blog there, you can get more auidence.

4:47 PM  
Blogger P.R.E.E.T.I said...

bein in london...whoa! *sigh*

3:30 PM  
Blogger Karthik B.S. said...

my wish is to see a cricket match live from the stadium... :)

8:24 PM  
Blogger pg said...

hi i am new to blogging and i post lot of free gre materials in my blog. i am looking for help from experienced and established bloggers like you to extend my reach by providing a link to my webpage in your blog so that it will be easier for people to find me on the internet.

12:15 PM  
Anonymous GRE Coaching in chennai:GRE Training in chennai:GRE Classes in chennai said...

oh nice post.. we are GRE in chennai and gre coaching training classes in chennai .

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home