Mostly Thoughtless

Tam Brahm, thank you ma'am

Saturday, March 06, 2004

General bunch of stuff!

Well, it's finally here after an eternity almost. 'The Return of the King', the third installment of the 'Lord of the Rings' trilogy hit theatres in Chennai yesterday after releasing almost 2 months back in the states. Pirated CDs have been available since then but I'd made up my mind that this was a movie that was to be seen only in a movie hall. Moroever, it wasn't like I needed to know what happened next, 'cos I'd already read the books. I was basically going to watch the movie for the fabulous cinematic experience it would provide and a two month delay could do nothing to harm it. And, of course, everyone knew that it was going to sweep the oscars this year. So, that didn't have any particular effect on me. I'd actually planned on watching it first day first show but unfortunately, was so busy the last week that I couldn't find any time to go book tickets for the show.



The day before yesterday was the Annual Day at college and it went off brilliantly. The inter-departmental cultural trophy was won by my department, the department of Information technology and it was major celebration time that night. Plus! I got an award of ten grand from college for my co-curricular achievements of the past year and so it turned out to be a really really great day, as opposed to just a great day. The day itself was so draining that when I finally got home, I was so beat that I crashed almost immediately.

As a result of my early crash, yesterday, I was up at 5 a.m and raring to go. Full of enthusiasm and badly wanting to do something or the other, I didn't want to spend the entire day sitting at home. Like a godsend, my friend called me up and informed me that there was an IT symposium happening at S.R.M Engineering College and there was some huge cash to be won. Suddenly, not having LOTR tickets seemed ok and we set out to S.R.M. I'll spare you all the details, but at the end of the day, we clinched a really close quiz right on the last question. The prize money was apparently supposed to be six grand for the three of us (Myself, Shrikant and Vivek) but we aren't sure of that yet. We'll get the prizes only today.

Was the most boring post ever or what? Anyway, that's it for now. So, till the next time, bye and take care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home